1/28/2006

Multitudinal..

Saarang's almost done. Over. Finished. A day to go.
I must agree, a plethora of talent showcast.
Well. Saarang shows how an eclectic combination of art, lit and academics can perhaps try to make a good, well informed individual. Albeit, there are moronic enough people here, altogether insane , who cease to use the opportunity, and are of the belief that mugging in the room is the best avenue saarang offers.

Idiots.

Though I'm not informed of the motivation behind setting up Saarang, or Madigras as it was known earlier, the reason is as guessable as the number of eskimos in North Korea. It's a famous fact that IITians are close to, if not the worst in public speaking. Communication, rather. An average IITian can be a connoisseur of art, perhaps as much as a doped Llama appreciates a Van Gogh. So primarily, as far as an IITian is concerned, its a free of cost program to improve interpersonal skills. Unfortunately, many end up improving their concentration skills. Empathise, friends. Sympathise at least. For living with humans, for records. Only for records.

The ability to solve a transfigured hypercrystallized electrothermophotovoltaic 14 dimensional circuit makes no man.
The ability to watch Venkatasaigirighiranjeevi dancing in Piruthamaathiarthuiachoodu, holding your pee, makes no man either.

Its the ability to make people awe at you, magnetise towards you, make them laugh, with secret jealousy, that get you close to being a man. Of course I'm preaching. I can't do any of that either. But at least I try!
Its after all, appreciation. In real life, you do good only if you appreciate the exquisite nuances of your demand, or thoughts. We live in a society. Beg your pardon, society of men. Not books.
No wonder IITians are so good at research.

Anyways, leaving that 'so damn painfully irritating' part, I enjoyed most of Saarang. No success in any form though. Its allrite. I'm not dejected. I know I'm no good a crowd puller, or an expert. Master of none.
This does keep giving me bouts of inferiority complex, can't help it much though. I want to be the best in what I do. God! Now I empathise with Monica. Apart from all the interesting stuff this fest offered, it more importantly told me how people behave(read change) in a society. How those darned looks differ when accompanied by a couple of new people. How people prioritise. So, it tells me, who my real friends are. And who act to be so, in the non saarang mundane period, which ironically runs for 360 days. It helps me judge people. Yes. I've learnt a lot. In a related bit, I also went through about a 3 hours of trauma, mind shattering experience. Its changed my mind drastically about a few people. Made me lose my sleep for a night. I discussed this only with my best buddy(read Paapi). He empathised with me. Note empathised.

And of course, apart from good events, there was beauty in the campus. Some forced beauty though. Didn't like that. Natural beauty just turns me on. India seriously rocks, in that aspect! T'was time again for inferiority complex. Not a millionth of a penny for guessing why. But that's the way life is. Every dog has its day. Hope and optimism carry life forward. Its just another week after all. The grim getting over Saarang period awaits me.

And all you bastards, who mugged in the room, a million rats on you.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont worry...you'll get your time...

Makam said...

i dunno what to say ...but dude...there are other ways of looking at things...and some things are circumstantial ( atleast in my case...and i bet you know that)

SpankMac said...

you seem different! the way you've written..

anyway, ya. imagine going to the rock show tomorrow night and next day having to attend classes.

all or nothing said...

"...with secret jealousy."
loved that phrase. So true.
as for the inferiority complex, you have enough optimism in you. you don't need no advice.
cheers

CB said...

@chaitra(Well..all or nothing sounds funny to me..)
Ya..thanx..I know..the *secret* jealousy. Don't we all have it at some point or the other..

all or nothing said...

what's so funny???

CB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CB said...

hey..cmon..! You jus can't call someone 'all or nothing'..!

all or nothing said...

what if you didn't know my real name?

CB said...

Then probably I would have called you 'AON' or something..can do that now also but doesn't just seem ok when I know your name..and hey! You're not offended or something rite..?!

Anonymous said...

Saarang's done. Finished.

There are people, who spent the time in doing what they like.

There are also people, who beleive with all the strength their limited minds offer, that the idea of 'fun' is defined unequivocally as
"The Phenomenon Of Trying To Make Good And Well-Informed Indiviuals By Means Of Eclectic Combinations of Art, Lit and Academics"

Idiots.

The 'improvement of interpersonal skills' is prime objective of any human being unfortunate enough to have come into being. Surely, it is a
laughably silly proposition that anybody, especially an IITian, who appreciates art as much as a doped Llama appreciates a Van Gogh, would
have anything to do more interesting than prancing about in YoMoto stand. Hell, he's a fool to miss the free offer! An IITian _needs_ to do
what he thinks only as much as a fish _needs_ a bicycle.(Sorry about plagiarism, U2) Empathise, friends. Sympathise at least. For living with humans, for directions on how to have fun set in rock solid sand-casted steel.

The ability to speak 30 seconds of unadulterated hypervocabularized gobbledygook intermittent with colorful expletives makes no man.
The ability to listen to a show, scratching your balls, cursing everyone who isn't present to suffer along, makes no man
either.

It is the ability to appreciate that people have different viewpoints, and attempting to see the world from a viewpoint infinitesimally
different from yours, that get you close to being a man.Of course, this is wishful thinking. At least, I'm thinking... not following. We live
in a society.Beg your pardon, a society of men. Not computer programs, all with the same stale ideas.

And all of you who unfortunately do not possess the gift of seeing stuff from different viewpoints, I mean no offence. No offence taken, either.The rats, after all, will scamper away.

Anonymous said...

Just testing out how I can plagiarise stuff ;)

Makam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CB said...

'There are people, who spent the time in doing what they like.'

Ya..rite..I don't have a problem with that.. I never said they were wrong, did I..? It was just that I got pissed off with it..

'There are also people, who beleive with all the strength their limited minds offer, that the idea of 'fun' is defined unequivocally as
"The Phenomenon Of Trying To Make Good And Well-Informed Indiviuals By Means Of Eclectic Combinations of Art, Lit and Academics"'

Well..evil muggoo, it seems you are an idiot. Because I never said the idea of fun was that. Fun is personal in entirety.
I jus said that only a combination of art, lit and academics can make a well informed individual. READ carefully man..

'The 'improvement of interpersonal skills' is prime objective of any human being unfortunate enough to have come into being.'

Did I ever say anything that even remotely meant that..? What's wrong with you..!

'surely, it is a
laughably silly proposition that anybody, especially an IITian, who appreciates art as much as a doped Llama appreciates a Van Gogh, would
have anything to do more interesting than prancing about in YoMoto stand.'

See.? You're all messed up..this statement of yours is a giveaway that you think appreciating stuff, and having fun in saarang is by standing at a YoMoto stall!
Ridiculous..! There are a hajjar events in which one can participate, or see.. Ah..

'The ability to speak 30 seconds of unadulterated hypervocabularized gobbledygook intermittent with colorful expletives makes no man.'

Trust me. You'll end up needing to speak 30 seconds of ... much more than you need to solve a 14 dimensional circuit problem. Where do you go then..?

'The ability to listen to a show, scratching your balls, cursing everyone who isn't present to suffer along, makes no man
either.'

Ya..Whoever said that makes a man..? But, you'll get to witness rock shows only very rarely.

'It is the ability to appreciate that people have different viewpoints, and attempting to see the world from a viewpoint infinitesimally
different from yours, that get you close to being a man'

Hmm..This makes sense.Yes.I do agree I need to look from the other viewpoints. You could have as well cut the crap and put just this.

'Not computer programs, all with the same stale ideas.'

Macha.. Its muggoos like you who have the same ideas da..jus mug mug mug..considering that you know me, You think I have the same stale ideas..? Most obviously not. There are times when the book is all I want to be with..and times when..well..pack..

'And all of you who unfortunately do not possess the gift of seeing stuff from different viewpoints, I mean no offence. No offence taken, either'

Same here..No offence intented. I just wrote what I felt.

And ya, to summarize, truth is always bitter man. If you ARE proud of living the way you are right now, why didn't you, in the first place put your name..? Are you afraid of admitting that you live this life..? Are you ashamed of it..? Why not have an open discussion than with an anonymous..Ha..there it goes..

CB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CB said...

By the way, if this is Kv..
I wasn't refering to you in the post da..Everyone knows you're a STUD..
And ya, this is the best comment till date I've got..! and i really hope its you coz the writing style is so similar, and we could win the ignobel this year..!

Makam said...

here goes my original comment...
which i was asked to delete by the evil muggoo

" God remains teh same , even here too...=))"

Anonymous said...

:) Nice that you took it the way I wanted.

Now, about the name, really, was it even remotely necessary for me to put it ? That 'Surely it is a..' was _surely_ a giveaway,intentionally planted.

About all your counter-s, all I say is this: the way to refute an argument has nothing at all to do with shooting down every fact which you state from _your_ perspective.. there wouldn't be any refuting to do if I thought the way you did.It is how _I_ interpreted what you said.

Oh, And yes, Ig 2006, watch out, we're coming!

CB said...

Kv boy..!
ya ya..there would be no refuting if you thought the same as me. I seem to be seriously BAD at this.! Anyways..ya..ignobel..gotto win this time..

all or nothing said...

whoa! that's some argument you guys are having. I'm itching to comment but I don't think I should interfere.
Anyway...karthik, why would anybody be offended if you called them by their real name? :)

CB said...

Hey chaitra..No no..that comment was by one of my best friends here..actually i realised its good to have arguments being anonymous..as I wouldn't have refuted in the same way if I initially knew who he was..
And ya..I meant, did you get offended when I said AON was a funny name..?!

CB said...

and ya..PLEASE drop in your comments..! thats what all this is about rite..why hesitate..?!

all or nothing said...

so it was good that i didn't interfere.
and no offence at all karthik

Gaju Krishna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gaju Krishna said...

You were really candid in that post. But the ease with which you said you developed the abominable inferiority complex gives away the fact that the whole affair wasn't after all enriching you in any way. If you did tide over those blues quickly enough, well, it augurs well for you. In my opinion, being a man is in large part about developing confidence in your uniqueness.