4/19/2006

Hmm.

The 26 credit semester is taking it's toll on me. Completely. The last 3 weeks have been so futile. I've lost whatever little enthu I had to go to classes. It's been more than a month since I attended a class with concentration. The courses seem such a waste, again. I have no idea how we're supposed to be Mechanical Engineers with the courses being conducted the way they are right now. Others feel the same too, perhaps. For, in the last two days we've made two profs walk out. The end sems are a week away. And the amount to be mugged cannot be said or written in words. I was just wondering - If I were to be interviewed or something in this semester's portions, it would make nothing more than a nice comedy act.

Math(Statistics)- Some N hajjar methods. I don't know where to use what. Or what to use where. Am not even sure if the above 2 statements imply the same here.

Dynamics of Machinery - I still can't define a gear. Or a cam. Or a mechanism for that matter. But I surely have been able to memorize the colours and the brands of the big man's shirts. He sure has a good dressing sense. I appreciate that too.

Fluid Mechanics - After a whole course, if you ask me what the Navier Stokes equations are, all I can say is 'They're big equations to solve the pressure and the velocity characteristics of a fluid flow. Or something like that'.

Instrumentation and control - The other day, I came across this question -
'What're the basic characteristics of an instrument?'
Needless to say, I still haven't figured it out.

Materials and Design - Ask me ' Which amongst Copper and Iron has a higher modulus' and all you might hear is a 'Fuck you'.

Analog Circuits - I've learnt quite a bit. Mainly, my childhood misconception that a transistor is used to listen to music, has been cleared.

Manufacturing Technology - If you ask me what manufacturing is, I would probably tell you that it's something by which you make things in different shapes. And if you happen to dislike the shape, melt it and make it again. Repeat till you're satisfied. Or finished.

22 comments:

Ducky said...

You just CAN'T remember Stats da, I agree... Yabba... Instrument is a...um... means to an end??? :)

Makam said...

Sexy...i seem to have n company...the ranks of the "Pained ppl" is increasing multifold ...by the day ! :)

Take it easy...

Anonymous said...

Bang on target.

CB said...

Ducky.
Too much at morning 4 that day uh?

SpankMac said...

totally agree! stats - aanova, eenova, innova, thale nova, yella nova :|

guess what.. the whole day (it's almost midnight now) i've done nothing other than sit at the comp, read the paper, dream and talk to friends.

i dunno, but it looks like i'm giving up on the end sems also!

CB said...

thale nova!
haa!

Ducky said...

Supernova... the Champagne kind ;)

CB said...

dae..
romba over!

CB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

souds fun

CB said...

himu
what sounds fun?

dushy said...

DON WORI....ALL THE BEST!

Viji said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Viji said...

ROTFL! Hilarious post... :)
"And if you happen to dislike the shape, melt it and make it again. Repeat till you're satisfied. Or finished."- That was very funny. You write so well!
I didn't mean to laugh at your troubles. sorry... :P

Ducky said...

yeah you write well... all the best with the Saarang NL :)

Labakku Das said...

Perfectly agree with transistor.. macha atleast c'mouli is teaching u . we were taught by a joker da.. and 5th sem you will have to by-heart a whole book of ic engines :P

CB said...

Viji.
hee..thanks.

Duck man.
Ya. Am waiting!!

desi
Yup. Next yr, heat heat..and only heat..

Anonymous said...

studies hehe :) I am graduating finally from all studies in my life very soon! So all studies seem fun. Good luck lah

DeepThought said...

Can't do anything but express my sympathies, da. The only topic on which i could spend at least 1 hour without interruption was Scary Movie 4.
How could we ever thank our beloved department for such a shit sem, da.

all or nothing said...

fuck!
brilliant post.

insane said...

sexy post..u speak my heart out !! being in meta & after 4 years i will give the same answer to iron vs copper.
finally last end sems 3 days away..i plan not to study this time..

CB said...

Don't study da,
Anyways, you're gonna have a rollickin time at IIMC!