4/30/2007

Crack!

I've been wanting to post this for a long time. This post is dedicated to Aunty

A few days back, last month perhaps, it was a hot afternoon on one not so particularly enjoyable day. Now, what usually happens on a hot afternoon? A class of course! So it was. Maiya jabbering his usual set of disjointed words which were begging to be connected. I was expectedly seated in the last bench, appreciating many fine things like Maiya's good fortune that made him a prof at IITM etc etc. Sania and Aunty were sitting beside me on either side.

Maiya went on talking. I was half asleep. Maiya then wrote some shite on the board. Who cared.
The board was a good seven meters away. Suddenly Aunty sorta wakes me up, points to the board and asks me 'Macha, what does that look like to you?'.

I turn to the board and ask him 'What're you talking about?'

He replies 'That formula written there'.

I then looked up to find a formula which was written on the board



Well, it actually looked slightly different. It was Maiya's handwriting of course that made the difference. The actual one looked similar to this (Thanks to Caesar for making this in Photoshop :D)



Now, I looked at it and burst laughing. It was an absolute crack! Brilliant! Seven meters away a professor wanting to profess some serious stuff writes a formula involving an exponential function, hoping to get a response like Oh-my-God-Where-the-fuck-did-e power rt-come-in-refrigeration. Instead, you have good engineers, with hawk eyes that can spot beauty seven meters away!

This was one of the best cracks I had ever seen.

For those who still haven't got the beauty of the pic, shame on you. Eat a rat and take a closer look.

13 comments:

Czar said...

Dawg Dawg Dawwgy.. :P

Mohan K.V said...

I must admit, it _is_ rather hard to get, but Caesar's comment is most illuminating :-)

Anonymous said...

wtf?????

all or nothing said...

:D
pity. the only kind of action you IITians get?

CB said...

Oh no.
One of the many 'actions' :D

Vikas Shenoy said...

:D Crack indeed.

bharath said...

i guess i am tooo good a student, to make out anything else but an rt out of it. :(

CB said...

Oh yes Bhaand.
But we were better students to see something else :P

Unknown said...

dei cb... :D :) :)... thanks da

abhishek gaurav said...

arrey you are hilarious...your posts are even more funny....

Unknown said...

funny...good to know "we" all think alike....lollzzz

silverstreak said...

Errm, maybe i should eat a rat, (fried, preferably).
But WHAT exactly did ya mean by that "rt"?
I admit the fact that i might be (or actually am) too naive to comprehend it.
But for Christ's sake tell me what IS that thing?

poornananda said...

hehe, the kind of things that makes a dead class come to life!