6/06/2006

Dream a dream

Why this topic? Because I'm almost doing that right now. It's 5:30 in the evening, and a whole day has passed without any progress whatsoever. I'm so damn tired, and feel like sleeping and having a nice dream to cheer me up. I don't know if any of you pray for good dreams, but I do. I somehow enjoy good dreams, and it's all a feel good thing in the morning after you've had a nice refreshing dream. And I've somehow had so many experiences and twists with dreams that I thought it was time I jotted them down.

I almost never dream in class, and I cannot reason that out. Probably the constant encounter of some arbit frequency, arbit amplitude jargonistic noise with the delicate eardrums evaporates any of the dreams that have taken birth. In about one in ten dreams, I get to remember the birth of the dream, ie - how and where it started. (And invariably it starts in a class, ironically)

A prominent feature of my dreams is the blending of totally unrelated stuff, in a related environment or an activity. I've told a few of them to my friends, which made them go ROTFL. One was when I'd seen a fashion show the previous day on paapi's comp, about a week after Saarang, and I dreamt that one of my classmates (girl) had dressed up in a bikini, drumming for the Led Zepplica Band in our OAT. If you thought this was funny, you ought to hear the dream when one of my profs came to my grandfather asking for a sex change operation, and my grandfather sent him back saying he was too young.

Many a times, I've had serious dreams, sometimes scary, near death. During the JEE days, there was so much studying that dreams would predominantly consist of problems. It used to reach extremes when I would resolve a few Irodov problems in my dream. My mom used to have a tough time understanding all this when my reaction to her trying to wake me up would be a 'Don't disturb me, I'll get up slowly from one axis' or 'Wait. I'll approximate and get up'.
Well, my mom is clever you see. She would have her sweet revenge by confusing me asking questions like 'Are you going to college with Karthik, or with Siva?'. I would get terribly confused, wondering if I was Karthik or someone else. I would get up furiously, and all my mom would do was laugh. In fact, I remember the day when Siva told me this: While his mom was waking him up that day, he refused to get up till she answered his question. His question being 'In how many ways can I get up?'. Just a bit of combinatorics running in his mind.
Well, those were those.(Whatever that meant)

There were dreams that I still think are due to the influence of extra-terrestrial beings. What else could explain this: One monday, I dreamt that I shot a guy with a pistol. Tuesday, I killed another guy pushing him from a terrace. Wednesday, I stabbed a guy, Thursday, I pushed a guy into a railway track killing him. Friday, I didn't sleep thinking of this, but somehow pinched a guy killing him. And please, I've never killed a guy!

Some have been scary, like a car hitting me, or being pushed down a building(It's my turn now).
If you get hit by a car in your dream, and you don't get up, you're a saintly moron. Now, I also plan to do research on this, that body conditions are crucially responsible for any dream that you give birth to. For, getting hit by a car makes me get up, take a leak, come back, and dream that I'm with Jennifer Lopez.

The weirdest experience I've had in dreams is the time when I dreamt(?) that I was doing that, that being the holy task of growing up, which gives emotional, psychological, physiological and mental satisfaction; and my mom comes into the room. Now, till date, till this minute, I don't know if that was only in my dreams, or I actually did that.

Aah, I'm feeling too sleepy. Better go and have a nice dream.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good one :)
U have satisfied me after that Maniac prev post :P
Btw which prof of urs???

Anonymous said...

Good one :)
U have satisfied me after that Maniac prev post :P
Btw which prof of urs???

Mohan K.V said...

Phew, you're back, that last post...

Anyways, man, I oughtta give it to you, after having been through _That_!

Nice post!

CB said...

Hee hee

DeepThought said...

great one dude.. never bothered to think much about this dreaming stuff.
btw, shady dreams you've got... dont tell me the prof was jln

Shankar said...

I have had my share of bad dreams, forgetting to take the admission ticket for JEE (even 2 years after i cleared it), forgetting my scout uniform for a scout testing camp etc. etc

AWY said...

Dreams are an expression of the subconscious mind, they say. wonder if u really really want to kill someone... or at the very least pinch him!
Nice one. U know... I dream what I want to dream. Almost always. Except for nightmares.

Ducky said...

I had a BEAUTIFUL dream yest... girlfriend and all ;)
YOu had the falling down dream? Like you'll feel everything bottoming-out from under you. That's the only dream wwhere I get visual AND sensory impact :)

Mahesh Mahadevan said...

Shady dreams man.
I dreamt so badly once, I almost walked out of my house. I talk a lot in sleep, my roommates had to cope with that in 1st year.
Solving problems in your dreams in JEE times is not uncommon. But your killing dreams are very shady.
Dreams are the definite proof that the senses can be stimulated by inner info without any external stimuli. It's all in the electricity there isn't it?
Anyway, dream on.

Makam said...

phew !!

good one.. please do tell us who the prof is !

all or nothing said...

now 'that' was hilarious =))
I prefer a dreamless sleep and good day-dreams though...;)

CB said...

'That' actually made me turn away from my mom for a whole day :D

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »