8/31/2006

Intern, Duh

Eight hours, of Group Discussion and Interview at the Placement office, finally I got through ITC for an intern next summer. 7 of us got through out of 220 odd who had applied. I must be celebrating, you think. In fact, that's almost the last thing I feel like doing now. A couple of my close friends didn't make it, and I feel really really bad. There's no more excitement left in me, no ecstasy, no nothing. I wanted all the guys in the spons team who applied to make it through. There's this kind of bonding thats there between us that I feel so uneasy that two of us have made it and the other two haven't. Plain uneasiness.

One of them, my closest pal in IITM. And he wanted it so much. There's no way in this world he can't get. But as we all know, shit happens. And it was his turn today. Dammit. Only if we were allowed to interchange interns.

The other, a true stud. I've been in a lot of situations with him, and I know he's just an awesome speaker. The first time it actually helped me. Was in the same GD as me, interviewed by the same guy. Frankly, I just couldn't have pulled off the GD the way I did, without him. He just lead the GD with utter ease, with the leadership quality that comes so naturally to him. I became a sort of his facilitator, and we pulled it off in a nice way. You're worth more than just this maga. There's a Lehman or a Goldman waiting for you.

There's no way I'm better than any of you; the world doesn't always help the best, does it?

Forgetting all that, if any of you juniors are reading this, a few points:

1. It is NOT easy to get into ITC Ltd.
2. Keep your CG high. It's a must.
3. Do your GD well. Speak well, and speak sense.
4. Do a lot of extra currics. Only high CG DOES NOT help.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is only one thing I can say...
as rightly said by you too...
'One gets what one deserves'. Maybe it wasn't meant for me. I dont know if bigger things are in store for me or I am not worth even this much, but all I know is, I need to improve.

cheers for all those who made it, and congos once more maga. You seriously rock!!!

Cheeky said...

Hey congrats da!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! :)