10/29/2005

My school life..

I was thinking of my crazy days in school.. I have been to most parts of India. I started with my kindergarten in Tuticorin, moving to Bihar, repeating U.K.G coz of some age probs, did till 2nd there, off to Rajasthan(Near Udaipur) till 6th half..remaining 6th in Oxford, Bangalore..7th to 10th in National Public School, Rajajinagar..11th and 12th, National College, Jayanagar..And finally here,IITM..

I had amazing school days..I jus regret one point in hindsight. All my school life, I've been mocking at most of the teachers, simply because I never found anyone good enough..(Till my JEE days of course..), and this has hit a hard nail onto me. I still remember my college principal telling me ' Karthik, it doesn't matter how hard you try, or how brainy you are, you will NOT succeed unless you have the blessings of the teacher. So, do not irritate them.' And i think I never managed to get anyone's blessings..lotsa curses though..and its costing me heavy..Some of my episodes were(Which I can recollect)...

1) My chem teacher..I used to constantly piss her off..like:

She : The electrode potential is always E(Anode) - E(Cathode) or E(Right) - E(Left).

Me : Maa'm. Why E(Right) - E(Left)..?

She : Because anode is always conventionally on the right..

Me : What if I look from the other side..?

Class goes into laughter.. And she goes like ' What do you think of yourself..blah..blah..'

2) I still remember paining our Bio teacher with one of my friends, while she did reproduction chapter..

She : Babies are born by a natural process called..whatever..

Me : Maa'm. Why natural.? Or..explain..

3) Paining math teacher in 7th(along with a guy, now here in IITM) for hajjar classes asking her why SSA congruency condition was not valid..and finally she accepting that SSA condition was valid but not there in syllabus..!

4) Got screwed once maajorly in oxford.. During a social class...I stand up and say

'Maa'm. If we go at this rate, we won't even finish even half the syllabus' I distinctly remember, she stopped taking classes after that, people in my class were really pissed off with me, and I had to go and beg..beg..plead..apology..with the princi too..And then, finally she yielded...huh.

5) Eating in class sometime, and getting screwed..


6) This was one heck of it..We had to write an english essay in an exam on any topic.. I wrote an essay which dealt with 'kidnapping' of our entire section, and guess who the kidnapper was : My PT Teacher. So my english maa'm shows it straight to my PT maa'm, and she shoves me big time..

7) This was real bad..
Me telling the Physics teacher in 10th that english class is free, and telling the eng teacher that phy maa'm wanted to take her class..got properly thulped..

8) In 8th, encouraging one of my friends to go and put the teacher in an awkward position by sayin ' Maa'm. He's calling me fucker..'

9) In 10th, we had this 5 marker question on 'menstrual cycle ' in Bio. I wrote such a ridiculous one line answer that she came and asked me ' Karthik. Whats this..?'. The answer was something I don't want to be putting up here.( I got half..for the diagram..)

10) I think this was sometime in 6th..or 7th..English class..

She: Karthik..Stand up, and give me an example of a request (question).
Me: Can you please go out..?
Class into hajjar laughter..Don't even remember what happnd after that..

And then of course there was the case in 9th when me and 4 others were suspended for 3 days because we laughed uncontrollably at a teacher's torn saree(Torn in an objectionable place)..Can't help it much though..

Well, it goes on as usual. And I can somehow sense that all that is affecting me. I am nowhere near my potential now. Doing reasonably well, but nowhere near my best..So i stopped doing all this.. If I get pissed with a prof now, I either bunk the class, or sleep..Besides, if I try out my usual school stuff here, my efforts for getting into IIT might go a waste...Might very well get kicked..

14 comments:

xtremely_insane said...

whoa... wish i was ur classmate just for this entertainment.

anyway at IIT u are'nt pissing off any Prof.Cherian like hari did!!

Ducky said...

Dude, I KNOW!!! School was so much more informal, easy-going, light...
But I managed to pull one off here as well... PMT class, this prof writes some vague equation on the board and he puts in a minus sign by mistake. Apparently, that equation(without the minus) can't be solved because some iteration will go to infinity and not to a finite number. So he asks, "This eqn can't be solved, can you tell me why". He's looking for that iteration crap as answer, I tell him "Sir, it's cos it's got a minus sign, which is wrong!". THANKFULLY, the class laughed, and he also did...

CB said...

@ Priya
yes..ob.it was nalini..she was so damn slow..i couldn't stand it..

CB said...

I don't remember how she went slow, but all I do is how slow she went..!

SpankMac said...

hehe yeah i've heard about the torn saree story :)

i got suspended twice in 11th and twice in 12th for 'being a disruptive element in class'!!

yup, school was a lot of fun. normally it should be the other way, college fun and school boring..

and i don't agree with your potential thing.

CB said...

spanky..remember da..we are not in what you would exactly call college..IIT definitely cannot be called a college..its an insti of its own..and yes..in NCJ we had hajjar fun..unimaginable fun..maybe I'll keep that for another post..and the potential thingy..its true da..i am not performing to my potential..only i know it..!

AG said...

nice one.. Ur right.. U cant do all this in insti.. Ur so pained by the prof, that levels of pain hv reached a new dimension.. I hv a strange feeling that the whole thing is bcoz we're calling the guy a 'prof' and not a 'teacher'.. U know, they're supposed to command respect etc. To hell with them..
I wasnt exactly a 'rowdy' at school but there were hajaar other junta who were and classes wer Sooooooooo much more fun.. Bah, no use cribbing.. If u cant fight em, join em..!!

Vijay Shankar said...

macha,
some of the things you did were seriously fun man.
even though i can't claim doing things like you in class i remember sometime in my ninth we brought a newsletter out and man some of the things we wrote in there.anyway like all school stories the studious girl plays the villain(dunno what the female equivalent is) and goes and complains to the class teacher coz it had some derogatory comments about her in it. but luckily we got away as our class teacher was an old lady and could understand teenagers.newsletter was packed ofcourse .
IIT is a diff ball game altogether bcoz maybe people feel like you they are not fulilling their potential and try and live upto their expectations rather than savouring the present moment

CB said...

Viper..absolutely da..perfect..thats the point..when u don't perform to your potential, you don't feel like having fun in class..i could any day pull off a 95+ in math without any effort..but here..after n fight..i can manage a 12 or a 13..huh...

CB said...

@ajit
Macha..! Am i a 'rowdy'..??!

Ducky said...

Dei... for what you did in school, you definitely would've been admitted into the 'Rowdy Gumbal', which was what I was part of in MY school... Here... nope, you ain't rowdy... so far, only me ;)

AG said...

Depends on how u wanna define rowdy da CB.. I'd say anyone who decides to break laws, doesnt care abt rules etc. to be precise, someone who isnt 'afraid' of the rules.. I guess u might go in as one of them..
And ducky, I was a temporary member of the 'Rowdy Gumbal'.. and comeon, appo i was 'chamathu boy' anyway..

Anonymous said...

hey.... that SSA thing was cool... we spent some N hajaaar time trying to convince her that it was true

CB said...

ya da siva..it was absolutely awesome..man, we had such a blast convincing her..